Yale £1,000 anti-snap guarantee!
Absolute assurance, complete security.
In the unlikely event that your Platinum TS007 3 Star cylinder is snapped under attack due to a forced break-in, we will give you £1,000 compensation for any distress and inconvenience caused. That’s how confident we are in our product.
All over the world, people are securing what they care about: their home, their family and their personal belongings, with the name they trust the most. Ensure you have the ultimate protection for your home with Yale, the world’s favourite lock.
What is it?
Our Platinum 3 Star Cylinder is the most secure lock yet, we are confident it won't fail you. That's why we are offering a £1,000 guarantee if your cylinder snaps during the unlikely event of a break-in.
Terms and conditions of £1,000 cylinder guarantee
In the event of a burglary or break-in taking place at your home due to a prolonged attack on a Yale Platinum TS007 3 Star Cylinder, Yale offers you the following compensation, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below:
- Yale will make a goodwill payment of £1,000 for the inconvenience.
- If a correctly installed and maintained Yale Platinum TS007 3 Star Cylinder is snapped during a break-in, Yale will issue the above payment within 30 days of the claim being approved.
In the event of a break-in:
- Please contact the police to obtain a crime reference number.
- Please ensure the damaged cylinder and keys are retained for inspection, along with photographic evidence of the damaged cylinder set within the door.
- Please complete a claims form here within 7 days of the break-in and include your crime reference number, along with a copy of your insurance claims form, plus a copy of a receipt showing payment of the insurance excess.
- Notification of any claim must be made to Yale within 7 days of the break-in. Any supporting documentation must be supplied to Yale within 30 days of the break-in.
- Yale will send a Technical Services Engineer to visit the property within 10 working days of receiving your claim to assess the Yale Platinum 3 Star Cylinder and whether the terms and conditions of this guarantee have been met. Please provide access and cooperation in order for the Technical Services Engineer to fairly assess the claim, between 09.00 - 17.00, Monday - Friday. Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present during the inspection.
The Yale Platinum 3 Star Cylinder guarantee is only valid when the following terms and conditions are met in full:
- Proof of purchase must be available.
- The home must have been broken into via forced entry as the result of a Yale Platinum TS007 3 Star Cylinder being at the initial point of forced entry.
- The benefits of this guarantee only apply where entry is gained to the property through the failure of the Yale Platinum TS007 3 Star Cylinder.
- If the initial break-in to the property is judged to have occurred due to the failing of any other component (for example, broken glass) none of the above compensation benefits will be paid.
- This guarantee shall not operate or will have no effect if the hardware has been incorrectly installed, adjusted, maintained and operated.
- Guidance from the Master Locksmiths Association states that ‘the Cylinder should not protrude more than 3mm from the external handle and ideally should be completely flush’.
- Yale recommends regular lubrication of your Yale Platinum TS007 3 Star cylinder to ensure continuous trouble-free performance and operation. For this, we recommend using a PTFE-based lubricant:
- A small amount of lubricant should be applied to the key and then inserted into the cylinder
- Rotate the key a couple of times in line with the normal locking function.
- Remove the key from the cylinder and wipe away any remaining lubricant to ensure it isn’t transferred onto other objects.
- Genuine Yale keys must be used.
- No modifications, repairs or alterations should be made to the cylinder without prior testing and written approval by Yale.
- The decision of Yale is final in respect of:
- The initial point of forced entry and that being the Yale cylinder
- Correct installation and maintenance instructions have been followed
- No modifications have taken place (that are not approved by Yale)
Claims are subject to the property being occupied, furnished and in residential use. The guarantee is applicable to residential properties in the UK and Eire. Commercial properties are excluded.
Claims should be notified and submitted with supporting documentary evidence to Yale within the time limits detailed above. Failure to comply may invalidate the claim.
This guarantee is non-transferable.
The Yale Platinum 3 Star Cylinder guarantee is valid for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase.